Six Tips to Being Confident as a Janitor
For you to be a janitor, getting college degree is not a requirement. There is no formal education to providing janitorial service but experience and self-learning. However, it does not mean that if you are a janitor, you will just be a janitor. Doing your work is never easy. You as someone who is in that industry should understand that. If it is something that you do for a living to survive and help your family, why should you underestimate what you do? Why should you feel so lowly about yourself? Being a janitor is actually something that you should be really proud of. How can you overcome your embarrassment as someone who does janitorial service?
1. You have to accept what you can do to get by for the meantime If you have no other choice but to stick to being a janitor, then there is no helping it. Everything is perceived well through acceptance. You can only happy with any kind of job that you do if you learn to accept your situation. Well, that is only for the meantime if you really have your own plans that go beyond to being a janitor. Who knows? You could even be one of the top janitorial service companies in San Jose, CA and even the whole country someday! It will all start with baby steps and having first-hand experience is a must.
2. Acknowledge your own skills when you do your job Although cleaning tasks can be easily don by almost anyone, doing it expertly and efficiently is not something that can be accomplished by just anyone. It will require you to learn various cleaning techniques and efficient time-management to get the tasks done before your shift ends. Give importance to what you can do. In the first place, it what made you qualified to being a good janitorial service provider. Not everyone can do cleaning effectively even within their own homes.
3. Cherish your role in your organization Yes, you also contribute a lot to the organization that you work in. If you are providing janitorial service to schools in San Jose, CA, you are making a big difference. In fact, you are helping the school to achieve their vision and mission. That would be to provide a clean and safe environment for the students and school staff. If it is in a different office small or big it is, you are also helping a lot in their productivity. Even with knowing this subject beforehand, you yearn to learn more. It apparent that this topic has massive information available. But it’s not simple to find the best content. For more information on this topic, additional info.
4. Keep in mind that you are needed As mentioned above, you have your own role in an organization. You can even gain a legendary status by being a janitor. Everyone will call for you because they need your help. This means, they are acknowledging your existence and what you can do for them. This means that you are being trusted.
5. Consider that benefits of being a janitor Being a janitor can also bring you a lot of benefits. You may not even realize it but you have a more flexible hours than any other kind of job. During summer if you are working in a school, you have longer vacation to enjoy. You have more breaks during your shift and can even listen to the music while you do your cleaning.
6. Be more sociable to people you meet everyday This will certainly help you overcome your embarrassment towards your job. If you have a friendly demeanor and reach out to people, eventually, they will treat you more than someone who cleans the place. They will treat you more as a friend that they can rely on. Through time, they will definitely be more than happy to return the favor.